This tutorial will show you how to reset the password of a Hikvision or Hilook Camera.
- Connect your device to the same network that your camera is connected to.
- Download the SADP Tool
- Open the SADP Tool and select the device your looking to reset the password for. (If you can't see your device, see advice at the bottom of this post)
- Once you have selected your device, Click on the "Forgot Password" on the bottom right of the SADP Tool.
- Click "Export" which will save the required file to a location selected by you on your device.
- Once you have the exported file email the file direct to Hikvision at firstname.lastname@example.org (This process will only work with UK spec cameras sourced from an authorised UK supplier)
After creating the file do not switch off the device for which you are resetting the password and complete the process within 24 hours
You will receive a new file by email
Under step 2 of the forgotten password option in SADP select import and locate the file you have received
Enter a new password and click "confirm"
The password reset process should now be complete
If you cant see your device on the list try the following steps
- The device is powered on
- You are physically connected to the same network as your device (Wireless connections are not recommended)
- If there is no router connected you will need to assign your computer a fixed IP address in the same subnet range as the device. e.g., Device = 192.168.1.20 & Computer = 192.168.1.21
- You are using the latest version of the SADP software
If you have any questions about this post, feel free to Contact Us for more help.